New to motogp.com?Register here
Beta Tools Speed Up’s Fabio Di Giannantonio mastered the blustery conditions at the Pramac Generac Australian Grand Prix best on Saturday morning to not only top Moto2™ FP3 but also squeeze himself inside the top 14 and, as a result, secure a place in Q2.
The Italian was one of only five riders to improve on their lap from FP2, with home hero Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) and Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto3) also able to improve but missed out on the top 14 by a tenth of a second as the pair ended sixteenth and seventeenth respectively.
Therefore, Red Bull KTM Ajo’s Jorge Martin keeps hold of his place at the top of the timesheets ahead of teammate Brad Binder and Beta Tools Speed Up’s Jorge Navarro. Two more KTMs complete the top five in the form of Iker Lecuona (monday.com American Racing) and Marco Bezzecchi (Red Bull KTM Tech 3), before Di Giannantonio now in sixth.
The man to miss out on a place in Q2 as a result of the Speed Up rider's lap was early Championship contender Lorenzo Baldassarri (FlexBox HP40), who slipped down one place to fifteenth. Moto2™ qualifying kicks off at 13:30 local time (GMT+11), with a plethora of race winners and podium finishers all fighting for the final four spots in Q2.
Top 10 combined:
1. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:33.010
2. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.343
3. Jorge Navarro (Beta Tools Speed Up) + 0.395
4. Iker Lecuona (monday.com American Racing) + 0.464
5. Marco Bezzecchi (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) + 0.471
6. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Beta Tools Speed Up) + 0.545
7. Tetsuta Nagashima (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) + 0.590
8. Nicolo Bulega (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.602
9. Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.665
10. Jesko Raffin (NTS RW Racing GP) + 0.718
Click here for full results!
4 weeks ago