Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) finished top of the timesheets in a weather-affected MotoGP™ FP3 at the Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix. Friday pacesetter, Saturday pacesetter and still fastest overall, Viñales ended clear of Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) in second and Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) in third, as rain and strong winds affect Saturday morning proceedings.
After a slight delay four minutes into the session when Jack Miller’s (Pramac Racing) pit board was blown onto the front straight, bringing out the red flags, spots of rain then started to fall as only four riders set a time in the opening half an hour of FP3. Johann Zarco (LCR Honda Idemitsu) sat top until reigning Champion Marquez came out as the sun appeared with 10 minutes to go, placing himself in P1.
Only 11 riders set a time in FP3, including a limping Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) after his FP1 highside, with the combined standings remaining the same from the fully dry FP2. This means it’s Viñales leading Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) and Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) into qualifying this afternoon.
Tune in at 15:05 local time (GMT+11) for Q1!
Top 10 combined:
1. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) – 1:28.824
2. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.496
3. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.501
4. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) + 0.503
5. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.520
6. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.597
7. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.612
8. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.648
9. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.894
10. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.967
Click here for the full results!