The first MotoE™ test of the season took place last month at Jerez, and laptimes were already noteworthy. A second and a half quicker than in 2019, the difference is created by some impressive steps forward, including:
- Increased torque from the Energica Ego Corsa
- New Michelin® tyres, including a rear tyre enhanced thanks to previous experience in MotoGP™
- Improved front fork setup
2019 was an impressive first season for the Cup, but innovation remains a constant charge forward. MotoE™ can now count on:
- New bike chargers provided by Enel X, set to be introduced at the next event
- Race distances increased by one lap, as bikes can now be charged on the grid after the sighting lap
- New battery cooling system allowing riders to enjoy full power for longer sessions, more often
MotoE™: plugging in to make an even better Cup in 2020
The ongoing coronavirus outbreak has resulted in a number of changes to the calendar but as previously stated, racing is Dorna Sports’ top priority in 2020. That certainly includes the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup, as we reaffirm our commitment to the FIM, IRTA and World Cup partners.
The calendar will run in parallel to that of MotoGP™, with the principal aim of seeing the Cup compete at a number of Grands Prix in Europe.
Meet the MotoE™ rookies of 2020
1 year ago
New to motogp.com?Register here