New to motogp.com?Register here
Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) set a 2:02.480 in Moto2™ FP1 at the Monster Energy Czech Republic Grand Prix to lead the way by over three tenths. Tennor American Racing’s Joe Roberts was the British rider’s nearest challenger, with Championship leader Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) completing the top three.
Sunny skies greeted the intermediate class riders in Brno and it was Lowes who laid down the gauntlet to his rivals in the opening session of the weekend. Roberts led the way heading into the final 15 minutes of FP1 before the EG 0,0 Marc VDS rider took control with two consecutive fastest laps, eventually finishing over three tenths clear of Roberts, and four-tenths quicker than Nagashima.
Lowes’ teammate Augusto Fernandez seems to have found some improvements after struggling in both Jerez races, the Spaniard – who started the season as a title favourite – needs a good weekend in Brno to bounce up the overall standings. Fernandez finished P4 in FP1 to start his weekend in good form, Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) rounded out the top five.
Aron Canet (Openbank Aspar Team) suffered an issue with his Triumph machine, with Kasma Daniel crashing – rider ok.
Moto2™ FP2 kicks off at 15:10 local time (GMT+2) – tune in!
1. Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) – 2:02.480
2. Joe Roberts (Tennor American Racing) + 0.336
3. Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.409
4. Augusto Fernandez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.661
5. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.705
6. Stefano Manzi (MV Agusta Forward Racing) + 0.759
7. Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.782
8. Lorenzo Baldassarri (FlexBox HP40) + 0.796
9. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.807
10. Fabio Di Giannantonio (MB Conveyors Speed Up) + 0.905
Click here for the full results!
2 years ago