Despite a crash at Turn 4 in MotoGP™ Warm Up at the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya, Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) finished fastest with a 1:40.139 to head Takaaki Nakagami (Red Bull KTM Tech3) by 0.180 seconds. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) completed the top three on Sunday morning ahead of his 350th MotoGP™ race this afternoon, starting from his first front row of 2020.
Quartararo’s crash occurred as the Frenchman saved a front-end moment as he tipped it into Turn 4. The 21-year-old ran into the gravel and eventually had to lay the bike down, but Quartararo was ok and won’t be fazed ahead of a vital Barcelona showdown. Polesitter Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) claimed P4 in Warm Up, 0.334 off his teammate’s pace, with the injured Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) completing the top five.
Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) also went down at Turn 4 in almost identical circumstances to Quartararo – rider ok. Championship leader Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) was P14 ahead of starting from P17 this afternoon, what can the Italian salvage from there?
What does the Catalan GP have in store? The Championship will undoubtedly take another twist in what is shaping up to be another completely unpredictable premier class battle. The tension now builds ahead of Round 8 of the MotoGP™ season, watch the drama unfold at 15:00 local time (GMT+2).
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) – 1:40.139
2. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.180
3. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.201
4. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.334
5. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.348
6. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.387
7. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.413
8. Johann Zarco (Esponsorama Racing) + 0.433
9. Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Racing) + 0.458
10. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini)
Click here for the full results!