Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) began his race day in fine form by topping the Moto2™ Warm Up standings at the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya. The Italian led Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) by 0.122 with Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) finishing P3 – 0.226 off Marini.
The man of the moment is @Luca_Marini_97 ????— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) September 27, 2020
He keeps the momentum rolling by topping #Moto2 warm-up from @SamLowes_22 and @88jorgemartin! ????#CatalanGP ???? pic.twitter.com/sIvJJ7QoL0
Drama unfolded for Augusto Fernandez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) on Sunday morning, his machine burst into flames as the Spaniard headed into Turn 10 in the latter stages of Warm Up, a scary incident that thankfully saw Fernandez escape injury. Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team Moto3) was fourth with Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) fifth, the German crashing unhurt at Turn 10.
FREE: Fernandez's bike bursts into flames during Warm Up
The Moto2™ race starts at 13:20 local time (GMT+2) – tune in!
1. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) – 1:43.924
2. Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.122
3. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.226
4. Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team Moto2) + 0.385
5. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.432
6. Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.456
7. Tom Lüthi (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.472
8. Augusto Fernandez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.485
9. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.537
10. Marcos Ramirez (Tennor American Racing) + 0.609
Click here for the full results!
2 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here