The halfway point of Day 1 at the Official MotoGP™ Qatar Test has come and gone as the full-time premier class riders dust off the winter cobwebs and get back into the swing of things. HRC test rider Stefan Bradl is currently fastest with a 1:55.362, four tenths clear of second place Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing).
Although not as bad as yesterday, the wind is still very strong at the Losail International Circuit and is having an effect on lap times this afternoon. So far, every rider bar Team Suzuki Ecstar duo Joan Mir and Alex Rins have ventured out for at least a few laps, with the likes of Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha SRT), Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team), Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) and many more donning their new colours on circuit for the first time.
Alex Marquez’ life as an LCR Honda Castrol rider didn’t get off to the best of starts, the sophomore crashed unhurt at the final corner on his eighth lap of the day and has since been back on track. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) is another rider to have crashed today, the Italian went down at Turn 3 – the same place Ducati teammate Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) crashed at in the Shakedown Test.
After the Flag will be coming to you LIVE at 18:30 CET from Barcelona HQ, make sure you tune in to get all the reaction, analysis and interviews from the first official day of 2021.
Top 10 as of 15:32 CET (17:32 local time):
1. Stefan Bradl (Honda Test Team) – 1:55.362
2. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.448
3. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.810
4. Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.820
5. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.905
6. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.939
7. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenvo Team) + 0.980
8. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 1.045
9. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 1.199
10. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 1.243
Follow every lap until the chequered flag with Live Timing!