Last Sunday’s race winner Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) left it until his final lap of the session to go fastest in Moto3™ FP1 at the Tissot Grand Prix of Doha, the World Championship leader beating second place Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) by 0.562s thanks to a 2:05.360. Third place went the way of Filip Salac (Rivacold Snipers Team), the Czech rider was 0.795s shy of Masia’s pace.
Soaring afternoon heat at the Losail International Circuit greeted the riders, with air temperature touching 40 degrees Celsius and track temperatures well above 50 degrees Celsius. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) and Andi Izdihar (Honda Team Asia) were the men to complete the top five in FP1, the only other riders to get within a second of Masia.
Tune in for Moto3™ FP2 at 18:10 local time (GMT+3)!
1. Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 2:05.360
2. Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) + 0.562
3. Filip Salac (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.795
4. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.855
5. Andi Izdihar (Honda Team Asia) + 0.919
6. Yuki Kunii (Honda Team Asia) + 1.037
7. Xavier Artigas (Leopard Racing) + 1.176
8. Kaito Toba (CIP Green Power) + 1.315
9. Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 1.350
10. Izan Guevara (GASGAS Gaviota Aspar) + 1.418