New to motogp.com?Register here
Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) enjoyed a perfect start to the Tissot Grand Prix of Doha as the Italian set a 1:59.931 to beat Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) by 0.045s in Moto2™ FP1. Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) clawed his way up to P3 with his final flying lap, the American sitting 0.163s away from Di Giannantonio’s pace.
World Championship leader Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) claimed P4 in FP1 at a sweltering Losail International Circuit, the British rider and rookie sensation Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) rounded out the top five.
Sixth fastest Aron Canet (Solunion Aspar Team) and Cameron Beaubier (American Racing) crashed unhurt in FP1, with Lorenzo Baldassarri (MV Agusta Forward Racing) encountering an issue with his machine in the opening exchanges.
Tune in for Moto2™ FP2 at 19:05 local time (GMT+3) where we’ll most likely see the riders going straight into Q2.
1. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) – 1:59.931
2. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.045
3. Joe Roberts (American Racing) + 0.163
4. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.201
5. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.508
6. Aron Canet (Solunion Aspar Team) + 0.607
7. Ai Ogura (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) + 0.608
8. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.651
9. Nicolo Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.793
10. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.806