New to motogp.com?Register here
Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) began his Sunday in perfect fashion by finishing P1 on the Moto2™ Warm Up timesheets at the Tissot Grand Prix of Doha. Bezzecchi’s 1:59.821 saw the Italian beat Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) by 0.118s, Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) was once again inside the top three of an intermediate class session.
Joe Roberts on board his Italtrans Racing Team backed Triumph secured P4 in the 20-minute outing, he American was 0.144s adrift of Bezzecchi’s pace. Polesitter and World Championship leader Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) was fifth fastest but he crashed for a second weekend in a row in Warm Up. The British rider tumbled at Turn 9, thankfully the number 22 was ok.
Lowes is out to pick up his second win of 2021 later today at 18:20 local time (GMT+3), be sure to tune in to see if anyone can beat the early title race leader at Losail.
1. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) – 1:59.821
2. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.118
3. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.143
4. Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.144
5. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.182
6. Aron Canet (Solunion Aspar Team) + 0.406
7. Stefano Manzi (Flexbox HP40) + 0.443
8. Ai Ogura (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) + 0.491
9. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.499
10. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.502
1 year ago