Eric Granado (One Energy Racing) was the only rider to dip into the 1:43s bracket on Friday at the SHARK Grand Prix de France as the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup competitors enjoy two dry sessions. FP2 saw the Brazilian set a 1:43.909 to lap just shy of last season’s E-Pole time, as Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) and Lukas Tulovic (Tech3 E-Racing) occupy P2 and P3 respectively.
Opening round winner Alessandro Zaccone (Octo Pramac MotoE) claimed P4 in both FP1 and FP2 and enjoyed a successful day on track at Le Mans, with FP1 pacesetter Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) slipping to P5 at the end of the day's action. 0.293s separates the top five heading into Saturday in France, and unlike the other classes on track today, there were no crashers across the two sessions.
Former World Cup winner Matteo Ferrari (Indonesian E-Racing Gresini MotoE) had some issues with his battery in both FP1 and FP2, the Italian suggesting his bike wasn’t generating enough power on the straight. Ferrari finished the day down in P13, he and the team will be hoping Saturday and Sunday bring better fortunes.
The Energica Ego Corsa riders will be back on track for FP3 at 11:50 local time (GMT+2), before E-Pole kicks off at 16:10.
Top 10 combined:
1. Eric Granado (One Energy Racing) – 1:43.909
2. Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) + 0.136
3. Lukas Tulovic (Tech3 E-Racing) + 0.160
4. Alessandro Zaccone (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 0.179
5. Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.293
6. Fermin Aldeguer (Openbank Aspar Team) + 0.777
7. Miquel Pons (LCR E-Team) + 0.977
8. Hikari Okubo (Avant Ajo MotoE) + 1.026
9. Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadracorse) + 1.089
10. Yonny Hernandez (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 1.111