Indonesian Racing Gresini Moto3’s Gabriel Rodrigo set a 1:57.271 in Moto3™ Warm Up to set the pace on Sunday morning at the Gran Premio d’Italia Oakley, the Argentine rider was 0.049s ahead of Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) in second. The latter’s teammate Ayumu Sasaki was third place in the 20-minute session.
Le Mans podium finisher Riccardo Rossi (BOE Owlride) and Xavier Artigas (Leopard Racing) rounded out the top five, the Spaniard has a double long-lap penalty to take in the race after riding irresponsibly in qualifying.
Understandably, CarXpert PrüstelGP have decided not to take part in today’s Moto3™ race at Mugello, with Jason Dupasquier’s condition still critical following yesterday’s qualifying incident. All our thoughts are with Jason, his family, friends, and the PrüstelGP team. Keep fighting Jason.
1. Gabriel Rodrigo (Indonesian Racing Gresini Moto3) – 1:57.271
2. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.049
3. Ayumu Sasaki (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.267
4. Riccardo Rossi (BOE Owlride) + 0.307
5. Xavier Artigas (Leopard Racing) + 0.407
6. Sergio Garcia (Valresa GASGAS Aspar Team) + 0.439
7. Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 0.466
8. Stefano Nepa (BOE Owlride) + 0.617
9. Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.632
10. Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.767