Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) was the man to beat in MotoGP™ Warm Up after setting a 1:39.783 to finish 0.036s ahead of second place Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) on Sunday morning at the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) made it two Yamahas in the top three as a second covers 19 riders heading into the race.
Viñales’ second place was marred by a late crash at Turn 7, thankfully the Spaniard was ok as he gets set for a podium attack from P6 on the grid. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) was 0.091s shy of Nakagami’s time in P4, the Frenchman will be hoping to get the holeshot from the outside of the front row later this afternoon. World Championship leader and polesitter Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) was fifth quickest in Warm Up, El Diablo is the rider everyone is chasing this weekend.
Can anyone stop Quartararo from claiming a fourth victory of the campaign at his beloved Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya? Find out when the lights go out at 13:00 local time (GMT+2) for Round 7 of the 2021 Championship.
1. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) – 1:39.783
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.036
3. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.067
4. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.091
5. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.273
6. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.359
7. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.420
8. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.503
9. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.528
10. Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.567