The Liqui Moly Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland has got underway at the Sachsenring, with John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) leaving it late to take top slot with a 1’26.739. The 26-year-old left it late to displace Japan’s Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse), who was leading the way before McPhee took over, whilst third place went Gabriel Rodrigo (Indonesia Racing Gresini Moto3), as the top three were covered by 0.370s.
Completing the top five were Stefano Nepa (BOE Owlride) and Championship leader Pedro Acosta (Red Bull KTM Ajo), with second place in the Championship Sergio Garcia (Gaviota GASGAS Aspar Team) only 15th.
Tune in for Moto3™ FP2 at 13:10 local time (GMT+2)
1. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) 1’26.739
2. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) +0.113s
3. Gabriel Rodrigo (Indonesia Racing Gresini Moto3) +0.370s
4. Stefano Nepa (BOE Owlride) +0.550s
5. Pedro Acosta (Red Bull KTM Ajo) +0.597s
6. Dennis Foggia (Leopards Racing) +0.762s
7. Filip Salac (Rivacold Snipers Team) +0.762s
8. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) +0.854s
9. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) +0.922s
10. Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) +0.940s