Impressive rookie Fermin Aldeguer (OpenBank Aspar Team)has ended MotoE™ Free Practice fastest at the Bitci Mottorad Grand Prix of Austria. The 16-year old Spaniard recorded a 1:35.137 the leave himself a comfortable 0.358s clear at the top of the leaderboard ahead of Matteo Ferrari (Indonesia E-Racing Gresini MotoE) and Lukas Tulovic (Tech 3 E-Racing).
Aldeguer looked strong in first appearance at the Red Bull Ring and was one of a few riders to push during FP3, looking strong going through the braking zones of the track. He will take the advantage ahead of E-Pole later in the day.
Five minutes to go and it's @Aldeguer54 on top! ????— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) August 14, 2021
But @3Tulovic and last year's champ @jorditorres81 aren't so far behind ????#MotoE | #AustrianGP ????????https://t.co/ijMYL9grkh pic.twitter.com/RvoUXvSf3d
Friday’s quickest rider Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) went faster than his pacesetting time on Friday afternoon, but the Swiss rider had to settle for P4 on the timesheets, just ahead of reigning Cup Champion Jordi Torres (HP 40 Pons) in fifth.
Stefano Valtulini (Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse) was the only faller in the morning, and the Italian props up the leaderboard. E-Pole will decide Sunday’s grid for the electric class’ penultimate race of the season and gets underway at 16:10 (CET).
1. Fermin Aldeguer (OpenBank Aspar Team) – 1:35.137
2. Matteo Ferrari (Indonesia E-Racing Gresini MotoE) + 0.358
3. Lukas Tulovic (Tech 3 E-Racing) + 0. 363
4. Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.401
5. Jordi Torres (HP 40 Pons) + 0.509
6. Xavi Cardelus (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.515
7. Eric Granado (One Energy Racing) + 0.564
8. Kevin Zannoni (LCR E-Team) + 0.676
9. Alessandro Zaccone (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 0.705
10. Miquel Pons (LCR E-Team) + 0.910