With the final MotoGP™ Free Practice session completed, Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) remains the man to beat at the Bitci Mottorad Grand Prix of Austria. The Frenchman recorded a 1:24.037 to top the timesheets to give himself 0.120s to spare over Enea Bastianini (Avintia Esponsorama).
It was a good session for Suzuki also, with Joan Mir completing the top three as he targets a first-ever front row start while teammate Alex Rins is just three-hundredths of a second behind in fourth. Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) rounds out the top five times for the session.
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) is in Q2 but will need to dust himself down after taking a fall during FP4. Iker Lecuona (Tech 3 KTM Factory Racing) and Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) were the other fallers in the session, but both will be ok to participate in Q1, which gets underway shortly.
1. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) – 1:24.037
2. Enea Bastianini (Avintia Esponsorama) + 0.120
3. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.128
4. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.165
5. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.181
6. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.265
7. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.285
8. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.318
9. Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) + 0.331
10. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.380