World Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) set the pace in MotoGP™ Warm Up to kickstart his Sunday in perfect fashion at the Bitci Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich. The Frenchman’s 1:23.629 was enough to beat compatriot Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) by 0.382s, but the man second in the title race suffered a fast crash at Turn 9. Thankfully Zarco was unhurt, as fellow Ducati rider Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) completed the top three.
Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) and polesitter Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) rounded out the top five in the 20-minute pre-race session on a sunny Sunday morning at the Red Bull Ring, as one second covered the top 16. Can rookie sensation Martin make it two wins in seven days?
The MotoGP™ race gets underway at 14:00 local time (GMT+2) this afternoon, make sure you don’t miss a single lap of action.
1. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) – 1.23.629
2. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.382
3. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.387
4. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.512
5. Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) + 0.575
6. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.727
7. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.829
8. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.878
9. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.885
10. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.910