Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) stamped his authority on Friday morning's P1 at the Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley with a stunning 1:56.947. Whilst Öncü sat comfortably at the top of the standings with half a second in his back pocket, a flurry of lap times came flying in at the sight of the chequered flag. It was Ayumu Sasaki (Liqui Moly Husqvarna Intact GP) who got closest to the Turk, 0.534s away in P2, with his Japanese compatriot Tastuki Suzuki (Leopard Racing) kicking off his weekend at Mugello with a top 3 in P1.
Riccardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse) was the top Italian in the first session of the Italian Grand Prix as the youngster put his Honda Moto3™ machine in P4. The Championship leader Daniel Holgago (Red Bull KTM Ajo) sat in the top 3 for a lot of the session but was pipped down to P5 in the closing stages, just ahead of the rookie David Alonso (Valresa GASGAS Aspar Team) in P6.
Practiced 2 for Moto3™ begins at 13:15 local time (GMT +2), so make sure to tune in and keep up to date with all the action on motogp.com
1. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) - 1:56.947
2. Ayumu Sasaki (Liqui Moly Husqvarna Intact GP) +0.534
3. Tatsuki Suzuki (Leopard Racing) +0.746
4. Ricardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse) +0.897
5. Daniel Holgado (Red Bull KTM Tech3) +0.922
6. David Alonso (Valresa GASGAS Aspar Team) +0.994
7. Scott Ogden (VisionTrack Racing Team) +1.009
8. Romano Fenati (Rivacold Snipers Team) +1.015
9. David Salvador (CIP Green Power) +1.039
10. Diogo Moreira (MT Helmets – MSI) +1.066