During a windy Moto3™ FP3 at the Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix, Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) topped the timesheets with a 1:38.492 to head Filip Salac (Redox PrüstelGP) and Ayumu Sasaki (Petronas Sprinta Racing). However, conditions didn’t allow most riders to improve on their Friday times.
???? @TonyArbolino tops FP3, but misses out on a place in Q2!— MotoGP™ ???????? (@MotoGP) October 25, 2019
The @SnipersRacing rider sets the pace on Saturday morning but the strong winds deny any improvements in the overall standings! ????#AustralianGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/EphxaZJhkz
The rain may have stayed away for the opening session of qualifying day on the Island, but strong winds meant the lightweight class riders had a tough time out there during FP3. At the end of it, only Sasaki went quicker than his FP2 time, but this was only good enough for P26 overall. For FP3 pacesetter Arbolino, Q1 beckons after placing P17 on the combined times, with Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) heading into qualifying as the fastest man out there in the Moto3™ class. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers) and Dennis Foggia (SKY Racing Team VR46) were inside the top five in FP3 as both Italians claim a top 14 spot for an automatic Q2 spot.
Qualifying gets going at 12:35 local time (GMT+11) this afternoon – tune in live!
Combined top 10:
1. Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) – 1:36.809
2. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) + 0.281
3. Albert Arenas (Gaviota Angel Nieto Team) + 0.451
4. Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.549
5. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.634
6. Andrea Migno (Mugen Race) + 0.740
7. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.808
8. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers) + 0.815
9. Dennis Foggia (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.880
10. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.994
Click here for the full results!