Tetsuta Nagashima (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) set a 2:06.300 in Moto2™ FP1 at the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix to lead the pack on Friday morning. Australian GP winner Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) was second fastest, Championship leader Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) completed the top three.
After overnight rain the Sepang International Circuit had dried for the intermediate class, and it was Marquez who was the early pacesetter. That didn’t last though as a shadowing Nagashima took top spot from the Spaniard in the closing stages, with title contender Binder also jumping above Marquez just before the chequered flag waved. All four Moto2™ title contenders were inside the top five, thanks to Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) and Jorge Navarro (Beta Tools Speed Up) finishing 0.6 off Nagashima.
Last year’s Sepang winner Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) crashed early on at Turn 15, the Italian was ok to continue as he finished P6 in FP1, with Joe Roberts (monday.com American Racing) crashing at Turn 10 towards the end of FP1 – rider ok.
Moto2™ FP1 begins at 14:10 local time (GMT+8).
1. Tetsuta Nagashima (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) – 2:06.300
2. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.110
3. Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.490
4. Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.619
5. Jorge Navarro (Beta Tools Speed Up) + 0.624
6. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.769
7. Marcel Schrötter (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.892
8. Xavi Vierge (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 1.052
9. Marco Bezzecchi (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) + 1.054
10. Mattia Pasini (Tasca Racing Scuderia) + 1.063
Click here for the full results!