Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) went fastest with some authority on Day 2 of the Moto2™ test in Qatar, with the Spaniard bouncing back from some injury struggles sustained in Jerez to top the timesheets from Australian Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) by over three tenths. Nicolo Bulega (Sky Racing Team VR46) was third quickest, with American Joe Roberts once again up in the mix as he put his American Racing Team Kalex in fourth.
Day 2 saw Martin and Gardner strike late to head to the top, with both feeling better as the day went on and Martin managing it despite a crash.
Behind the two, Bulega, and Roberts, Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) completed the top five, just ahead of Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP). Rookie Aron Canet (Aspar Team) was back to his old tricks from the Jerez test and slots into an impressive P7, ahead of Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) despite a small spill for the Italian.
Luca Marini (Sky Racing Team VR46) and Day 1’s quickest man, Jorge Navarro (Speed Up Racing), completed the top ten – just knocking the returning Hafizh Syahrin (Aspar Team) down to P11 as the Malaysian seems to be finding his feet in the class once again.
The top ten:
1. Jorge Martín - (Red Bull KTM Ajo) - 1:58.655
2. Remy Gardner - (Onexox TKKR SAG Team) - +0.330
3. Nicolo Bulega - (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) - +0.407
4. Joe Roberts - (American Racing) - +0.411
5. Xavi Vierge - (Petronas Sprinta Racing) - +0.456
6. Marcel Schrötter - (Liqui Moly Intact GP) - +0.551
7. Aron Canet - (Aspar Team) - +0.565
8. Enea Bastianini - (Italtrans Racing Team) - +0.591
9. Luca Marini - (SKY Racing Team VR46) - +0.603
10. Jorge Navarro - (Speed Up) - +0.712
That’s it from Day 2, with one more go at it set for Sunday before all that remains is to race… click HERE for full results!