Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) is the man to beat heading into Friday afternoon’s FP2 at the Gran Premio Red Bull de Andalucia. The Italian set a 1:41.525 in the opening Moto2™ session of the weekend to head Championship leader Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) by 0.028, with Jorge Navarro (Beta Tools Speed Up) also within a tenth of P1 in P3.
The riders got back down to business after last weekend’s race, with Bezzecchi and Navarro hoping for better fortunes come Sunday afternoon after crashing out. The duo wasn’t deterred and look spurred on by Sunday’s disappointment as both looked vert strong on Friday morning, with Nagashima – as he has been throughout the season – up the sharp end again from the off. Lorenzo Baldassarri (Flexbox HP 40) and Nicolo Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) rounded out the top five.
The intermediate class will be back out on track at 15:10 local time (GMT+2) for FP2 – tune in!
1. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) – 1:41.525
2. Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.028
3. Jorge Navarro (Beta Tools Speed Up) + 0.065
4. Lorenzo Baldassarri (Flexbox HP 40) + 0.153
5. Nicolo Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.210
6. Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.225
7. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.230
8. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.232
9. Stefano Manzi (MV Agusta Forward Racing) + 0.236
10. Aron Canet (Openbank Aspar Team Moto2) + 0.365
Click here for the full results!