Second on the grid and 2020 race winner Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) went nearly half a second quicker than he did in qualifying to set the pace in Moto2™ Warm Up at the Grande Prémio 888 de Portugal, the Australian’s 1:42.447 was enough to beat teammate Raul Fernandez by 0.132s. World Championship leader and polesitter Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) was third, 0.309s off Gardner’s time.
Aron Canet (Solunion Aspar Team) and Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) were the riders to complete the top five during a sunny 20-minute Warm Up session in Portimao, ahead of an enticing third battle of the season.
Will it be another Lowes vs Gardner scrap for victory? Find out at 14:30 local time (GMT+1).
1. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:42.447
2. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.132
3. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.309
4. Aron Canet (Solunion Aspar Team) + 0.511
5. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.559
6. Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.592
7. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.798
8. Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.817
9. Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) + 0.892
10. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.936