The Moto3™ race in Silverstone will be the 100th Moto3™ race since the class was introduced as replacement for 125cc back in 2012 - quite a landmark. To celebrate, here are a few titbits of information about some of the best racing on planet Earth - every single Sunday!
- The only rider to have started all 99 Moto3™ races is Jakub Kornfeil (Peugeot MC Saxoprint).
- A total of 24 different riders have stood on the top step of the podium in the Moto3™ class.
- The rider with most Moto3™ wins is Luis Salom with 9, followed by Maverick Viñales, Álex Rins, Danny Kent, Romano Fenati and Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) with 8.
- A total of 39 different riders have stood on the podium in the Moto3™ class.
- The rider with most Moto3™ podium finishes is Álex Rins with 23, followed by Maverick Viñales (22), Marinelli Rivacold Snipers' Romano Fenati (21), Luis Salom and Brad Binder (20).
- The Moto3™ winners have come from 10 different nations: Spain (with a total of 43 Moto3™ wins), Italy (16), Great Britain (9), South Africa (7), Australia (6), Portugal (6), Germany (6), France (3), Malaysia (2), Belgium (1).
- A total of 27 different riders have qualified on pole position in the Moto3™ class. The three riders with most Moto3™ poles are: Álex Rins (13), Jack Miller (8), Sandro Cortese / Maverick Viñales / EG 0,0 rider Enea Bastianini (7).
- KTM is the most successful manufacturer in the Moto3™ class with 54 wins (including 3 with Kalex-KTM) followed by Honda on 42 wins (including 7 with FTR Honda) and Mahindra 3 wins (including 1 with Peugeot).