New to motogp.com?Register here
Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) heads into qualifying in the Moto2™ class at the Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina as the fastest man on circuit, his 1:42.815 on Saturday morning putting him 0.010 ahead of second place Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46).
Almost the entire Moto2™ field improved their times from Friday as the automatic Q2 places were decided, with Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) completing a top three covered by just 0.028 seconds. Beta Tools Speed Up’s Jorge Navarro sits an impressive fourth heading into qualifying, the Spaniard just 0.113 off Gardner, with reigning Moto3™ World Champion Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) fifth – 0.185 from P1 for the rookie.
Fellow rookie Nicolo Bulega (SKY Racing Team VR46) sits sixth, 0.268 the gap between the Italian and Gardner, with Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) seventh. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) closes Free Practice out in 8th, with the British rider, ninth place Iker Lecuona (American Racing KTM) and 10th fastest Xavi Vierge (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) all three tenths off P1.
Marcel Schrötter (Dynavolt Intact GP) crashed unhurt, with Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40) suffering a huge crash at Turn 14 with just under 20 minutes of the session remaining. The Spaniard was taken to the medical centre for a checkup, before going to hospital for further examination.
Moto2™ FP3 in Argentina: engines on for Day 2
Remember, the top 14 in Free Practice will head straight into Q2, with the rest of the riders having to battle it out in Q1. Don’t miss Moto2™ qualifying from Termas de Rio Hondo, which begins at 13:30 local time (GMT-3).
1. Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) 1:42.815
2. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.010
3. Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.028
4. Jorge Navarro (Beta Tools Speed Up) + 0.113
5. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.185
6. Nicolo Bulega (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.268
7. Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.284
8. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.313
9. Iker Lecuona (American Racing KTM) + 0.315
10. Xavi Vierge (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.323
Click here for the full results!
1 year ago
3 years ago