New to motogp.com?Register here
The Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky fired into life with the opening track action from the Moto3™ class, returning from their Summer break at the historic Automotodrom Brno. Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) took his KTM to the top of the timesheets to lead the opening session ahead of Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) and John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing).
With the session starting under cloudy skies, there was an array of changes throughout the order. Having had a relatively quiet session, Masia hit the top in the final ten minutes, whilst Rodrigo came on strong in the closing moments. It was a strong showing for the KTM of Jakub Kornfeil (Redox Prustel GP), who was ninth after leading his teammate Filip Salac round for most of the session.
It was an eventful opening session for Can Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo), who highsided on the exit of Turn 7. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) and Andrea Migno (Bester Capital Dubai) completed the top five come the end of the session, with less than a second covering the first 14 riders.
The lightweight class will be back out for FP2 at 13:15 local time (GMT+2).
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Moto3™ FP1 at the Czech GP: Engines on at the Brno
1. Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) 2’08.615
2. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) +0.002
3. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) +0.281
4. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) +0.317
5. Andrea Migno (Bester Capital Dubai) +0.349
6. Marcos Ramirez (Leopard Racing) +0.369
7. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers Team) +0.410
8. Albert Arenas (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) +0.536
9. Jakub Kornfeil (Redox Prustel GP) +0.537
10. Darryn Binder (CIP Green Power) +0.578
Click here for the full results!
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago