With the sun shining for the Moto3™ Warm Up and dry weather for the class proving crucial, it was Championship leader Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) who topped the session at the Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky, ahead of Dennis Foggia (SKY Racing Team VR46) and Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia). The Italian, who qualified down in 17th on the grid for today’s race, will seek a strong comeback during what promises to be a thrilling encounter. To add to the excitement, the entire field was split by less than one and a half seconds in Warm Up, making it even more unpredictable.
Crashes were frequent amongst the main Championship protagonists, with Italian rider Celestino Vietti (SKY Racing Team VR46) tucking the front end at Turn 5, whilst fellow countryman Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) suffered a strange accident on the exit of Turn 7. Kazuki Masaki (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) also crashed on the exit of Turn 10 with a highside. Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) went down at Turn 5 in the final five minutes, whilst second place in the Championship, Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) enduring a tough session, with a crash at Turn 7 and only finishing 21st.
So, with the wet weather behind us in the Czech Republic, we have an unpredictable day of racing ahead in Moto3™. The lightweight class race gets underway at 11.00 (GMT+2), where records will look to be broken and history made.
1. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) 2’09.161
2. Dennis Foggia (SKY Racing Team VR46) +0.126
3. Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia) +0.153
4. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) +0.194
5. Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) +0.286
6. Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers Team) +0.290
7. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers Team) +0.320
8. Alonso Lopez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) +0.322
9. Jakub Kornfeil (Redox Prüstel GP) +0.326
10. Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) +0.374
For full results, click here!