Dynavolt Intact GP’s Dominique Aegerter was the man to beat in FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup testing at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto. The Swiss rider improved in every session to eventually set a best time of 1:48.596, 0.445 ahead of Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) and 0.492 ahead of reigning Cup winner Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE).
The MotoE™ riders were putting their Energica Ego Corsas to work through three sessions on Wednesday, with the majority of the grid setting their best times in the second or third session. For Aegerter, the third session was where he excelled most with Granado also setting his personal best at the end of the day, Ferrari though set his best time in the second time slot.
LCR E-Team’s Xavier Simeon was fourth quickest on the combined times, with the Belgian and Alex de Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) the only other riders to get within a second of Aegerter during the test.
The final session of the day was briefly red-flagged after Alessandro Zaccone (Trentino Gresini MotoE) crashing unhurt, but his Energica Ego Corsa was too damaged to be able for the class rookie to continue. Once the session restarted, Maria Herrera (Openbank Aspar Team) also crashed unhurt.
The FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup begins its second year of competition on Friday at 11:50 local time (GMT+2) with FP1, ahead of the race on Sunday morning.
Top 10 combined:
1. Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) – 1:48.596
2. Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.445
3. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) + 0.492
4. Xavier Simeon (LCR E-Team) + 0.585
5. Alex de Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 0.761
6. Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 1.021
7. Nicolo Canepa (LCR E-Team) + 1.109
8. Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) + 1.149
9. Josh Hook (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 1.265
10. Niki Tuuli (Avant Ajo MotoE) + 1.372