One Energy Racing's Eric Granado firmly cemented himself as the favourite for the opening E-Pole of 2021 later on Saturday after extending his lead over closest rival Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) in MotoE™ FP3. The Brazilian now holds a 0.286 advantage at the Red Bull Grand Prix of Spain after setting a 1:47.866 in Jerez.
Tech3 E-Racing's Lukas Tulovic found some pace to springboard himself into the top three ahead of the reigning World Cup winner Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) and Fermin Aldeguer (Openbank Aspar Team). Andre Pires (Avintia Esponsorama Racing), Miquel Pons (LCR E-Team) and Yonny Hernandez (Octo Pramac MotoE) all suffered crashes during the session but, thankfully, all three are OK.
Tune in for the thrilling shoot-out for pole position at 16:05 local time as the first E-Pole of 2021 fires into life.
Combined top five:
1. Eric Granado (One Energy Racing) - 1:47.866
2. Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.268
3. Lukas Tulovic (Tech3 E-Racing) + 0.439
4. Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) + 0.530
5. Fermin Aldeguer (Openbank Aspar Team) + 0.539