It was an eventful Moto2™ Warm Up session at the Gran Premio TISSOT dell'Emilia Romagna e della Riviera di Rimini. Pacesetter Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) led the way from Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team Moto2) but the Japanese rider suffered a heavy crash at the end of the session in the exit of Turn 15, with Nagashima heading to the medical centre for a check-up.
Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) was third quickest but he was another crasher in Warm Up. The British rider also went down on the exit of Turn 15, he was ok. His teammate Augusto Fernandez and Lowes’ compatriot Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) completed the top five ahead of the race.
1st, 2nd and 4th on the grid have all crashed in warm-up! ????@SamLowes_22 slides out at Turn 15 as the cooler track conditions are proving tricky this morning! ???? #Moto2 | #EmiliaRomagnaGP ???? pic.twitter.com/GyosYOotpf— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) September 20, 2020
In addition, it was a disastrous opening handful of minutes for the SKY Racing Team VR46 riders. Championship leader and polesitter Luca Marini crashed at Turn 5, before third in the Championship and second place on the grid Marco Bezzecchi crashed at Turn 6. Thankfully, both riders were ok, but is it going to affect them in the race at 12:20 (GMT+2)?
Tune into the intermediate class Emilia Romagna GP battle later on!
1. Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:36.346
2. Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team Moto2) + 0.035
3. Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.075
4. Augusto Fernandez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.215
5. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.235
6. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.304
7. Jorge Navarro (Beta Tools Speed Up) + 0.340
8. Lorenzo Baldassarri (FlexBox HP 40) + 0.443
9. Joe Roberts (Tennor American Racing) + 0.476
10. Tom Lüthi (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.517
Click here for the full results!