After his costly mistake at the French GP title-chasing Pedro Acosta (Red Bull KTM Ajo) got his Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley off to a perfect start by claim P1 in Moto2™ Practice 1. The Spaniard’s 1:50.928 was enough to beat second place Celestino Vietti (Fantic Racing) by 0.196s, as Alonso Lopez (MB Conveyors SpeedUp) rounded out the top three.
Lopez’s teammate Fermin Aldeguer made it two SpeedUp’s inside the top four at the beginning of the weekend at Mugello, as Italian wildcard Mattia Pasini (Fieten Olie Racing GP) claimed an impressive fifth.
World Championship leader Tony Arbolino (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) was seventh fastest on Friday morning, 0.8s off Acosta’s effort. Elsewhere, Aron Canet (Pons Wegow Los40) and Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) both crashed unhurt at Turn 1 in P1.
Tune into Moto2™ P2 at 14:05 local time (GMT+2).
1. Pedro Acosta (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:50.928
2. Celestino Vietti (Fantic Racing) + 0.196
3. Alonso Lopez (MB Conveyors SpeedUp) + 0.265
4. Fermin Aldeguer (MB Conveyors SpeedUp) + 0.318
5. Mattia Pasini (Fieten Olie Racing GP) + 0.437
6. Filip Salač (QJMOTOR Gresini Moto2™) + 0.699
7. Tony Arbolino (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.886
8. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.902
9. Jake Dixon (Autosolar GASGAS Aspar M2) + 0.945
10. Dennis Foggia (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.949