Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) went 1.9 seconds quicker than anyone else in FP4 at the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas as weather conditions cleared to allow a normal Saturday afternoon schedule to take place.
It's still a bit wet out there! ????— MotoGP™ ???????? (@MotoGP) April 13, 2019
HUGE moment for @marcmarquez93 on the back straight! I bet that surprised @TitoRabat! ⚠️
Marquez goes to the top by 5.6 seconds!!!????#AmericasGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/7HsMDnvwki
The session started in wet conditions but with the sun shining in Austin, a dry line was already appearing after Moto3™ qualifying and with 10 minutes to go, Marquez was one of the first riders to head out on slick tyres. The reigning Champion immediately went 5.6 seconds faster than anyone else - despite a heart in the mouth moment on the back straight - before eventually getting his best time down to a 2:05.478, with Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) the only rider within two seconds of the number 93.
Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) was third quickest with a 2:08.029 on slick tyres, with his apprentice Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) leading Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) in fourth and fifth respectively.
Qualifying is next!
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – 2:05.478
2. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 1.900
3. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 2.551
4. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 2.962
5. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 3.114
6. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 3.241
7. Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) + 3.344
8. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 3.400
9. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 3.416
10. Johann Zarco (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 3.664
Click here for the full results!